Playitas Fuerteventura Health and Sports resort
Playitas Resort is one of the largest training centres in Europe. Top international athletes in many sports and disciplines come to Playitas Resort to prepare for the world’s most important sports events, including the 2016 Rio Olympics, for which we’re an official training base of the Swedish Olympic team (SOK). As well as catering for professional sport, we offer many other activities for amateurs, such as sports meets, week-long events for particular sports, and cycling and hiking excursions. We also promote grassroots sport by giving the youngest members of the family the chance to have their first sports experience at our Kids Sports Academy, run by qualified instructors for the champions of the future.
Playitas Resort is set in a delightful bay next to Las Playitas fishing village, in the borough of Tuineje, 45 minutes from Fuerteventura airport. The Resort boasts an extensive range of sports facilities where guests can take part in a wide variety of activities. The facilities at Playitas Resort have been designed with both top athletes and amateurs in mind, as well as active families.
You’ll also find restaurants, large gardens, a mini-club, 18-hole golf course and everything you need to enjoy a great holiday with the whole family.
Watch the video below to see how brilliant this place is.
Playitas accommodation types
Playitas Resort provides three types of accommodation:
- A hotel with 223 rooms – a perfect choice for couples
- An aparthotel with 114 studios and 96 apartments – the ideal accommodation for families
- 24 villas with their own private pool for exclusive holidays
One of the main objectives of Playitas Resort is to offer the widest range of services to our guests. With this in mind, we provide a supermarket open seven days a week, 365 days a year, a mini bar for hotel guests, an office where you can hire a vehicle to explore the island, a 24 hour medical service, a spa to relax your mind and body, automatic tellers, and dispensing machines.
- 700m2 Gym
- Cardio & Strength machines
- Free weight area
- Express zone
- High quality equipment
It’s a real treat having an outdoor gym at Playitas Resort. We’ve installed fitness equipment in the resort gardens so you can do exercise in the natural environment.
The multipurpose court, also known as MC1, is close to the Olympic pool and just a few metres from the beach. On this court you can do a variety of sports, such as Pilates, step, basketball and football. You can sign up for activities at Sports Booking.
- 2 Multifunctional courts (1 outdoor & 1 indoor)
- Fitness equipment available (Mats, Crossift material etc.)
- Music system
- Equipment for weight and olympic lifting
- Exclusive rental available
- Eight-lane, 50m Olympic pool
- Heatable up to 26 degrees
- Starting blocks
- Underground gallery for viewing and monitoring
- Swim technique, used to analyse and correct swimmers
- Waves killer leash
- Swim gloves
- Pool Floats
- Pull Buoys
- Swim fins
- Stretchcord to train in water
- Timer at the end of pool
- Changing rooms with shower
The heated eight-lane, 50m Olympic pool at Playitas Resort features top of the range technology and all the necessary equipment for outdoor training and professional competitions throughout the year. The water temperature’s a constant 25-26º all year. Please note: due to cleaning work the Olympic Pool will be closed between August, 13th and September, 25th in 2019.
For indoor sports enthusiasts, Playitas Resort boasts a state of the art facility with an electronic scoreboard for sports such as handball, basketball, badminton, table tennis, unihockey (floorball), futsal…
- 1200m2 Indoor Hall
- Modern Hall with performance artificial lights and scoreboard for different sports
- Suitable for sports like Handball, Floorball, Badminton, Soccer, Basketball etc.
- Exclusive rental possibility
Tennis is one of the world’s most popular sports and it’s also available at Playitas Resort. We have five floodlit courts: three are artificial grass and quartz sand, and two are hard courts. At Sports Booking you can hire a court and everything you need to play tennis. You can also have tennis lessons with your own personal coach, either in a group or individually. Our team of coaches will organise classes to suit players’ needs.
- 5 Tennis courts with flood light
- 3 Artificial turf and quartz sand
- 2 Hard courts
- Tennis matches
- Rental of racquets and balls
- Tennis lessons with or via Partner
The main advantages of training in Fuerteventura include the ideal cycling conditions due to the minimal traffic and well-kept roads. Cycle routes vary from 2-6 hours and 50-160 kilometres, with altitude differences of 600-1600 metres. The annual temperature range of 18-25 ⁰C means that Fuerteventura has the perfect climate for training. If you prefer mountain biking or fat biking your options on Fuerteventura include volcanic landscapes in the centre of the island, dunes in the north and mountain ranges on the southwest coast, where you can explore exciting tracks by bike.
- Cycling centre with 250 bikes: best brands and new models
- Road bikes, mountain bikes, excursion bikes, children’s bikes and fatbikes
- Routes and maps available, guided group excursions possible
- Different routes: 2-6 hours, 50-160 km distance and 600-1,600 m difference in altitude
COMBAT AND FITNESS CENTRE
In 2013 we converted this tennis court into a combat and fitness centre. We installed an enormous canvas cover over the court so our guests could have a place to do sport out of the sun but with plenty of fresh air. Activities such as wrestling, boxing, fitness and martial arts are held on this court every day. Daily sports activities like:
- Boxing classes
- Fitness activities
- Martial arts
- Official size boxing ring
- Exclusive rental equipment
A few kilometres from Playitas Resort you’ll find a stadium that has an athletics track with a Mondo surface. High jump, pole vaulting and long jump are also available for the use of athletes who come to train at Playitas Resort.
- Athletics track *(5 km away)
- Other activities*(shot-put, javelin, hammer and throw discus, 5 km away)
- Artificial turf football field* (1 km away)