Overland bike transport service
As part of our collection of race and travel services for the travelling cyclist, we offer a convenient overland bike transport service. We understand that not everyone is too keen on taking their bike on a flight, either because they have had a bad experience or they do not want to take any risks with potential damage or loss. We therefore offer an overland bike transport service for fully assembled bikes so no need for a bike box!
This service is available from the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and mainland UK. Please look at our depot locations. If in doubt please check with us before booking. email: email@example.com
Price – From £190/ €220 per bike*
*Price may vary dependent upon the event.
Scotland, Durham and Bristol have a £50 per bike supplement
- 2019 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships in Poznan – BOOK BIKE TRANSFER NOW
- 2020 Gran Fondo Strade Bianche – BOOK BIKE TRANSFER NOW
- 2020 Spring Classics Tour – BOOK BIKE TRANSFER NOW
- 2020 Tour of Flanders – BOOK BIKE TRANSFER NOW
- 2020 Paris-Roubaix – BOOK BIKE TRANSFER NOW
- 2020 Mallorca 312 – BOOK BIKE TRANSFER NOW
Depot locations Island of Ireland
- Dublin – Cycle Super Store
- Galway – Pelo Bikes
- Cork – The Edge Sports
- Belfast – Podium4Sport
- Killarney – O’ Sullivans Cycles
- Waterford – Altitude
- Mayo – Marrey Bikes
Depot locations UK
- Stirling, Scotland – £50 supplement
- Durham – £50 supplement
- Leeds – 50 York Road, Leeds LS9 8SY
- Manchester, Worsley – 91 Walkden Road, M28 7BQ, Worsley
- Birmingham Yardley 198-202 Waterloo Rd, Birmingham B25 8LD
- Coventry Unit 1, Cyan Business Park, Phoenix Way, Coventry, CV2 4QP
- Luton Unit 12, Cosgrove Way, Luton, LU1 1XL
- Slough 05 Farnham Road Trading Estate, Slough SL1 4UN
- Wimbledon 67 Gap Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 8JA
- Guildford Unit 6, Cobbett Park, Guildford GU1 1RU
- Crawley Stephenson Way, Three Bridges, Crawley, RH10 1TN
- Bristol – £50 supplement
All Safestore hubs operate under the following schedule of opening times, allowing you plenty of opportunity to find time to drop off your bike. Safestore operate a 24 hour service even on Thursdays!
- Monday – Wednesday, Friday 8am – 6pm
- Thursday 8am – 8am
- Saturday 8am – 6pm
- Sunday 10am – 4pm
The main features of the service
We use a network of hubs in the Irish republic, Northern Ireland and in the UK. You select the hub that’s most convenient for you and you will have a period of a few days that you can make your way to the hub at your convenience to drop your bike off. No need for a bike bag or box. It’s that simple.
Your bike will be transported whilst fully assembled – we do not transport luggage, bike boxes or bike bags
This means that you don’t have to spend money either buying or renting a bike box or bag. There is no need getting stressed about having to disassemble and reassemble the bike before travelling to and from the event. Your bike set up does not get altered in any way. We remove the bike’s front wheel and the bike is wall-mounted for transport.
Your bike is collected from a depot within a set collection period. This means that you are not tied to a set time and you can drop your bike off at your convenience. The bike is then delivered to and collected again from your overseas accommodation or at times if more convenient at the finish of the event. You don’t have to have booked your hotel with Sports Tours International. You will not have the hassle of packing your bike or taking it to and from an airport.
A reasonable collection and drop off period so you are not without your bike for too long
Normally bikes will be collected at the beginning the weekend before the event and returned on or even before the weekend following the event. For events taking place on a Sunday we would normally deliver the bikes in the overseas destination from the Thursday morning and we will then collect them either at the finish area or from the hotels on the Monday morning (depending on numbers). No problem if you are not there yet on Thursday. Our staff will already be in resort so we will either receive it for you or it will be delivered to you personally when you arrive in resort.
Peace of mind
With our professional and efficient service you know your bike will get to and from your event safely and on time. Your bike is insured for loss, damage or theft to a maximum value of £7500 per bike.
Did you know?.
………………Airlines are not legally obliged to compensate you any more than £1100 as per an agreement called the Montreal convention. You can insure your bike for more but only if you do a declaration to the airline in advance. See excerpt from the Montreal convention below.
In case of baggage delay, the air carrier is liable for damage unless it took all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible to take such measures. The liability for baggage delay is limited to 1000 SDRs (~€1,220). The air carrier is liable for destruction, loss or damage to baggage up to 1000 SDRs (€1220). In the case of checked baggage, it is liable even if not at fault, unless the baggage was defective. In the case of unchecked baggage, the carrier is liable only if at fault. A passenger can benefit from a higher liability limit by making a special declaration at the latest at check-in and by paying a supplementary fee.
Our other event services available without the need to buy a travel package:
- Sports travel insurance. For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page
- Airport transfers from Berlin are available at £100 for a return journey to Poznan for you and your bike
Full travel packages with hotel, airport transfers, guaranteed entry, staff support and more are available for the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships in Poznan, Poland