Marmotte Express Airport transfers
Airport transfers from Geneva International airport and from Lyon St Exupery airport for the 2017 Marmotte Alps Gran Fondo which takes place on Sunday July 2 in Alpe d’Huez. We provide transport for you, your luggage and your bike in its bike box or bag. If you are coming from the UK and you prefer not to fly with your bike, why not have a look at our convenient overland bike transport service from the UK? More information here
Marmotte travel packages
The Marmotte Express transfers can be booked a a stand alone item but if you book a travel package with hotel, guaranteed entry and staff service then the return transfer will cost just £99. We offer arrival Transfers at set times on Thursday 29th June and on Friday 30th June with departure transfers on Monday 3rd July from Alpe d’Huez.
- Return airport transfer Geneva to Alpe d’Huez – £120 per person
- Return airport transfer Lyon to Alpe d’Huez – £120 per person
- One way transfer: £80 per person
Sports Tours International has been providing travelling cyclists with convenient travel services for many years to a large range of cycling events. We offer great value travel packages with everything taken care of – More information here – travel packages with hotel and guaranteed entry for the 2017 Marmotte Gran Fondo
We have chosen Geneva and Lyon airports as they offer the best access based on flight availability and distance to Alpe d’Huez.
Geneva Cointrin International Airport – Swiss side
If you arrive at the French side, please make your way through the border and come and meet us in the arrivals hall on on the Swiss side.
- Thursday 29th June – Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport) – coach transfers leaving Geneva airport at 14.00 and 19.00
- Friday 30th June – Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport: 12.00, 14.00, 19.00 and 21.00
Our staff will be waiting at our Welcome Desk, immediately in front of you as you leave the baggage collection carousels and walk through the doors into the arrivals area. Please allow at least 1 hour between your expected landing time and coach time (e.g. if you are expected to land at 11:30, please book the 14:00 coach)
Lyon St Exupery Airport
- Thursday 29th June – Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport) – coach transfers leaving Lyon airport at 10.00 and 20.00
- Friday 30th June – Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport) – coach transfers 10.00, 16.00 and 20.00
Our staff will be waiting at our welcome desk in the arrivals area of Lyon St Exupery airport. Please allow enough time between your expected landing time and coach time (e.g. if you are expected to land at 09:45, please book the 16:00 coach)
What is included with the Marmotte Express airport transfer?
- Airport welcome and assistance with emergency contact number
- Seat on the airport transfer vehicle at a set time
- Box trailer behind the coach for transport of bikes in bike boxes
- English speaking guide on board and French speaking driver
- Comfortable, quality vehicles from a reputable local coach company
- Central drop off and collection points in Alpe d’Huez
- Pre-booked return transfer time and collection location based on your flight departure time
A set departure time will be given to you ahead of the event for the collection on Monday after the Marmotte in Alpe d’Huez. Please note that the collection time that you are given for the departure transfer coach could be before the below times as we have 4 collection points in Alpe d’Huez to go around. We aim to leave Alpe d’Huez with everyone on board at the times stated below. Please provide us with details of your onward travel (flight or train time) when you book this service.
Please note that it is your responsibility to book the coach departure time which allows you enough time for the transfer, checking in and getting through security. We suggest 3 hours for the transfer time and 2 hours for check in and security for departures at Geneva and 2.5 hours for transfer and 2 hours for check in for Lyon airport. Please contact us if you need advice on which transfer departure collection time is est for you based on your departure flight time.
Departure transfer from Alpe d’Huez to Geneva Int. Swiss side
- Departing Alpe d’Huez at 07.00 for flights with departure time after 12.00
- Departing Alpe d’Huez at 10.00 for flights with departure time afterm 15.00
- Departing Alpe d’Huez at 13.00 for flights with departure time after 18.00
N.B. Please note that if you have booked a place on the early transfer and then miss it, we cannot guarantee that there is space on the later transfer for you and your bike.
Departure transfer from Alpe d’Huez to Lyon st Exupery airport
- Departing Alpe d’Huez at 05:30 for flights with departure time after 10.00
- Departing Alpe d’Huez at 11:30 for flights with departure time after 16.00
N.B. Please note that if you miss the 05:30 transfer, we cannot guarantee that there is space on the 11:30 transfer for you and your bike.
Central drop off and collection locations
We have selected 4 locations across Alpe d’Huez, with easy access to all areas of the resort:
- Alpe d’Huez Office de Tourisme
- Place Jean Moulin
- Palais des Sports (La Marmotte Expo & Registration)
- Les Bergers, in front of Pic Blanc hotel
The collection point for the return transfer will be at the same point. We will confirm your exact collection time up to 2 weeks before the event date.
The drop off and collection points are indicated on the below map. Please choose the location which is most convenient for where you are staying in Alpe d’Huez.
Other Marmotte Gran Fondo travel services
- Overland bike transfer from the UK at £150- Book before December 31 for an early booking discount – More information here
- Sports travel insurance – do not travel without insurance and don’t forget to insure your bike. Please visit our insurance page
- Online medical certification service – To take part in the 2017 Marmotte you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling. Alternatively our partners offer online medical certification
- Bike rental – Bike rental options – £129 for a Trek Carbon bike with Shimano 105 and £189 for Shimano Ultegra – More information here
- Marmotte performance support package with front pen entry (1 – 400 pen) – Coming soon