Bike Mechanic Services
Bike Mechanic Services
In addition to the standard mechanical services which are included as part of your trip, we also provide some additional services which will further remove the stress from your event. These services can be pre-booked and guaranteed or booked on arrival overseas depending on availability.
Included with our standard mechanic services; Check & Tune
Build your own bike up, and let one of our mechanics check it over. Our mechanic will check to see if it’s safe to ride and that everything on your bike are working well. Any repairs or new components that are needed are not included.
- Check and adjust brakes
- Check and adjust gears
- Check headset, bottom bracket, hubs for play/ movement
- Check wheels for trueness. (spokes will NOT be available: wheels will only be trued if they are really bad)
- Frame cleaned & wiped down
- Drivetrain lubrication – Degrease and re-lube drivetrain
- All bolts and nuts are checked for tightness
- Tyres checked for wear and inflated to correct pressure
Additional payable mechanic services
Please note that the below services need to be paid for and pre-booked to guarantee availability. On arrival we expect your bike to be clean.
Service 1 – Unpack, Assemble and Tune Up – £75 per bike
Our mechanic will unpack your bike from the bike box or bag, assemble your bike and check and tune your bike up. You will break your bike down and put it back into its bike box or bag after the event.
- A geometry sheet will be sent to you before your trip. We will use this to set the bike up
- We will unpack your bike
- We assemble your bike to your geometry specifications (Include saddle height measurement, saddle set back, handlebar height, etc.)
- Tune Up: Adjustment Service as above
Service 2 – As service 1 but we also do a post-event clean, disassemble and pack for departure -£125 per bike
After your cycling trip, have your bike repacked by our mechanic ready for your departure. Please note: We can only use packaging provided by you.
- All of service 1 as per the above
- Bicycle disassembly after the trip
- Pack bike into box or bag ready for travel
Price does not include parts or any additional labour needed to install new parts. Please include your name and phone number on the case AND on the bike. Bikes will be assembled according to priority of arrivals.
Our other event services available without the need to buy a travel package:
- We offer an online medical certification service. To take part in the Marmotte, Maratona, Etape du Tour, the Haute Route and the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships you need a UCI license or you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling
- Sports travel insurance. For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page
- Bike rental – More information here
- Airport transfers for La Marmotte – BOOK HERE and for the Etape du Tour
Full travel packages with hotel, airport transfers, guaranteed entry, staff support and more are available for the Marmotte, the Maratona, the Etape du Tour and the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships in Varese, Italy