- 30% off the full brochure price of 7 nights bookings of apartments (does not apply to twin to share bookings)
- 2 nights in Puerto del Carmen for IRONMAN participant + max. one accompanying person. (20th & 21st May 2016)
- Half Board offer only £12 per adult per day & £6 per child (6-14 years) per day, 0-5 free of charge
- FREE Return transfers from Club La Santa to Puerto Del Carmen for bike check-in, race day, open water swim training & preview bike course
- FREE Return race day transfers for spectators
- FREE pasta party ticket for Ironman participant, and plus one guest
- FREE ticket to CLS wellness centre for IRONMAN participant
- FREE discount booklet to use in CLS shops and restaurants
- 50% discount offer Guru bike fitting (pre booking is recommended- email@example.com)
- FREE assembling of bikes by pro mechanic (pre book at bike centre)
- FREE entry to the Luc Van Lierde pre race camp at Club La Santa (Email to firstname.lastname@example.org)ther a very special offer for you to participate in the 2016 Ironman Lanzarote. Further details will be available shortly.
Ironman 70.3 Lanzarote
Ocean Lava Lanzarote Triathlon
International Lanzarote Duathlon
Ironman Lanzarote is the oldest Ironman event outside of North America and widely recognised as being probably the toughest Ironman course.
First established in 1992, Ironman Lanzarote is a unique and classic event, covering the whole of the island of Lanzarote, passing by the famous lava fields and past volcanoes, and having to fight against the weather, whether it is sunny, windy or hot! You start your Ironman with a swim in the Atlantic Ocean, followed by hours in the saddle on the bike route, before a marathon route in the resort town of Puerto del Carmen, cheered on by thousands of spectators, friends and family.
Ironman Lanzarote also differs from many other sports events in terms of how it engages with the local community and people of Lanzarote, supprted by the team at Club La Santa, the World's number 1 sports resort. Everyone recognises the challenge you face as an Ironman triathlete and the people of Lanzarote appreciate you visiting their island to undertake this challenge - they will show you a wonderful welcome and support you and your first time competiting in Ironman Lanzarote will make you want to come back for more!
If you want to see what happens at Ironman Lanzarote, watch the fantastic video below of the 2015 edition.
2016 Ironman Lanzarote
The 2016 Ironman Lanzarote is actually the 25th edition of this incredible event. As with all major anniversary events, we expect demand for places to be very high, so early booking of your entry and travel arrangements is more vital than other years.
The actual Ironman race will take place on Saturday 21st May, but there are a number of events leading up to the race in the preceeding days, plus events on the day afterwards, which are really worth attending. You can read more about the plan for the 2016 Ironman Lanzarote here.
The 2016 Ironman Lanzarote starts with a 3.8km swim at Puerto del Carmen, followed by a 180km bike ride across the challenging terrain of Lanzarote. The 42.2km marathon is a series of loops in the resort town of Puerto del Carmen.
Ironman Lanzarote also offers 40 slots to age group athletes to qualify for the Ironman Triathlon World Championships in Hawaii. The actual split of slots to age groups will be confirmed later, but Ironman Lanzarote does represent a good opportunity to secure a place at Kona. To claim your place, you need to attend the Hawaii Slots Ceremony at Club La Santa on the Sunday morning following Ironman Lanzarote. If you are not there, you lose your right to claim a place and the slot is then allocated to the next qualifying person in attendance at that time. Even if you may not have automatically qualified within the allocated number of slots for your age group, it may be worth being at Club La Santa for this event for the chance that someone ahead of you in the rankings does not turn up! It does happen!
2016 Ironman Lanzarote Accommodation Packages
The best place to stay at for Ironman Lanzarote is Club La Santa, the World's number 1 sports and activity holiday resort. For 2016, we have an extra special offer to stay at Club La Santa.
When you enter Ironman and spend 7 nights or more at Club La Santa over the Ironman period, you will receive:
Visas are not required to enter Spain. You need a passport or a National Identity Card (see the website of the Identity and Passport Service (IPS)) to enter Spain. As a British passport holder or National Identity Card holder you may stay as a visitor for three months. General Travel Information is also available.
For details of sports travel insurance for the our travel packages, please visit our insurance page.
There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.