Garmin Barcelona Triathlon 2012
The information below regards the Garmin Barcelona Triathlon 2012. Sign up for our newsletter for updates on the 2013 Garmin Barcelona Triathlon 2013.
After the success of the Garmin Barcelona Triathlon last year, Sports Tours International will once again be taking competitors and supporters to take part in this event in this beautiful Spanish city for what should be another great event. Last year over 6,000 people took part in glorious sunny weather in this triathlon making it the largest event in Spain. This year the Barcelona Triathlon organizers are expecting around 7,000 competitors.
Within the Garmin Barcelona Triathlon, there is a Super Sprint (400m swim, 10km bike, 2.5km run), Sprint (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run) and Olympic distance (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run) race so there is a distance to suit everyone from beginner to Elite.
This will be the fifth edition of the Barcelona Triathlon and it doubles up as the Cataluña National Championships. The route will see competitors battling it out on one of the most scenic courses in Europe taking in some of Barcelona's prime landmarks and riding around the Parc de la Ciutadella and under the Arc de Triomphe. Then on to the run you will take in ocean views as you wind your way along up towards the Olympic Village and then return to the finish.
PLEASE NOTE - DRAFT LEGAL RACE
Last Year some competitors were caught out when local Officials asked them to remove their aero bars or to have their bikes in a drafting legal set up. It may be prudent to not use a bike where the aero bars cannot be removed. This will be confirmed by the event organizers in due course.
Every Finisher Receives:
- Official Barcelona Triathlon finisher medal
- Official Barcelona Triathlon event goodie bag
- Results texted to your mobile phone with full break swim, bike and run time
- Opportunities to win great competition prizes such as wetsuits, trips to The London Triathlon and more
- A festival atmosphere to inspire people to get round the courseWorld class event management
Watch and compete with the best Spanish and International Triathletes on the same day as the Cataluña National Championships
We have secured accommodation at the Hotel Attica 21 which is excellently located for access to the event. We have arranged for you to keep your bikes in your rooms. The hotel will require a security deposit from your credit card at check-in, should any damage occur to your room. Sports Tours International accepts no liability for any such damage and bikes are stored at your own risk.
Your travel package Includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation (FRI 5th, SAT 6th & SUN 7th Oct) on a bed and breakfast basis in a quality 3* hotel within easy walking distance to race start
- Services of experienced Sports Tours Tri personnel over the event weekend if a minimum of 5 participants book.
Please note the package includes breakfast but no evening meal but there are a number of shops and cafes in the immediate vicinity as well as a large Mall beside the hotel which has a wide range of cafes, shops and restaurants.
Your travel package does not include:
- Return Airport to hotel transfers for you and your bike (Available at a supplement at a set time from BCN airport (Barcelona, NOT Girona), available at £30 per person per return transfer
- Evening meals
- Entry fee (Available from us as an extra when you book this travel package)
- Personalised Video (Available from the race organisers at an extra charge)
Prices per person
Twin Room £269
Single Room £160 additional cost.
Race Entry - payable separately
Super Sprint entry +£35
Sprint entry +£45
Olympic entry +£55
Relay team entry into Sprint or Olympic +£99
Transfer from BCN (Not Girona)
Transfer available for you and your bike at an extra charge of £30
The prices are per person sharing a twin room for 3 nights on a bed and breakfast basis. Flights are not included in the price.
If you would be happy to share a twin room with another competitor of the same sex please indicate this on your booking form.
BOOK NOW to secure your hotel which is ten minutes’ walk from the start and two hundred meters from the bike course.
HOW TO BOOK
Please click on the green button at the top of the page
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit as above. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip
Visas are not required to enter Spain. You need a passport or to enter Spain. As a British passport holder you may stay as a visitor for three months. For links to important websites, http://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/contact/general-travel-information
For details of insurance for the our travel packages, please visit http://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/contact/insurance-for-travel-in-2010