Behobia San Sebastian
Behobia San Sebastian 20k
The Behobia San Sebastian 20k in Spain! Please note, the details below relate to 2012. The information for 2013 will be available soon.
More than 23,000 runners will be taking part in one of Europe's most popular races, which is being run for the 48th time in 2012. This was the first time Sports Tours International are offering this exciting 20k course.
The Behobia San Sebastian is definitely one of the most exciting running races in the World. Although only 20km, it has two very hard climbs, one after 6km, Gaintxurizketa, which takes 2km to reach 80m in height, and then another after 16km, which takes 1km to climb 50m to the top of the Miracruz, from which it's all downhill into San Sebastian itself.
The Behobia run starts near Irun, so it is best to take the train from the centre of San Sebastian to the start and then run back!
If you want to run this 20km event, accompanied by thousands of cheerers, and run across the spectacular finish line in the centre of San Sebastian then keep reading...
Our travel package includes:
- Guaranteed entrance to the race
- Race number with/without chip (own chip)
- Special goody bag with tourist information about San Sebastian and Gipuzkoa
This race was recommended by Runners World in the top 10 Spanish races.
To get to San Sebastian, the best option is a flight into Bilbao airport, although there are some smaller regional flights available into San Sebastian airport itself. From Bilbao, either take a coach transfer or hire a car and explore more of the fantastic Basque Country.
San Sebastian Behobia 20k Hotel Options:
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday 3 night stay
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday 3 night stay
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday 3 night stay
The Hotel Avenida 3*
- The Hotel Avenida warmly welcomes its guests to San Sebastian. Tastefully furnished rooms provide all desirable amenities. There is a swimming pool and guests can use Wi-Fi at the Hotel Avenida free of charge.
- The hotel is located on Ondarreta Beach on the foot of the mountain Monte Igueldo, the Hotel Avenida is the perfect place to relax. Enjoy the view on the city and catch a breath. The city centre with the park Alderdi Eder and the planetarium is reachable within a 5 minute drive. San Sebastian Airport is located 20 kilometres away.
The Hotel Barcelo Costa Vasca 4*
The Hotel Barcelo Costa Vasca is located in the residential area of Ondarreta, which is very close to the beach in the city of San Sebastian. The hotel has spacious and brightly designed rooms that will ensure a pleasurable visit.
This 4-star hotel has an outdoor pool set within its garden and also boasts a fantastic health and wellness centre. At the hotel's restaurant you can enjoy an extensive menu that ranges from Basque traditional food to nouvelle cuisine.
San Sebastian Behobia 20k - BOOK NOW
Bookings for this event are currently unavailable.
If the package you want to book is not available online or you'd like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit of £100 plus the full Race Entry Fee, which is non-returnable once booked. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Visas are not required to enter Spain. You need a passport or a National Identity Card (see the website of the Identity and Passport Service (IPS)) to enter Spain. As a British passport holder or National Identity Card holder you may stay as a visitor for three months. For links to important websites.
For details of insurance for the our travel packages, please visit our insurance page
There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.