ING New York City Marathon
2013 ING New York City Marathon
After the disappointment of the understandable cancellation of the 2012 ING New York City Marathon, we are pleased to now offer you the chance to guarantee your starting place in the 2013 ING New York City Marathon. Demand for 2013 places will be extremely high as many of the 2012 runners want to run in the 2013 New York Marathon, so we advise you book earlier than usual to guarantee your own place.
The New York Marathon is the largest of all the World Marathon Majors and a must-do for any serious marathon runner. The ING New York City Marathon takes places in early November. The event has grown over the last 40 years to become the international marathon that every marathon runner wants to take part in.
Please sign up for our e-newsletter to keep up to date with the latest information about the New York Marathon.
The 2011 edition played host to an amazing New York Marathon, with the men's event being won by Geoffery Mutai of Kenya in an incredible time of 2 hours and 5 minutes. The atmosphere surrounding the New York Marathon is unforgettable and must be sampled to be believed. British runners, in particular, receive a warm welcome from the locals and plenty of support from the visiting supporters. Thousands of international runners travel across the World to run through the 5 boroughs of New York City to finish in Central Park.
- Full travel packages including flights, hotel accommodation, airport transfers, rep services and the option to purchase Marathon entry in the ING New York City Marathon 2013.
- Hotel only packages for the 2013 New York Marathon, with the option of purchasing Marathon entry into the 2013 New York City marathon.
- Flight and Entry only packages for the 2013 New York Marathon.
Please remember that you must be resident in the UK to purchase a New York Marathon 2013 Guaranteed Entry place through Sports Tours International. This is only the case with the New York marathon. For other international marathons, you can be a resident in any country
Sports Tours International and the New York Marathon
Sports Tours International is the longest serving International Travel Partner of the New York Marathon:
- For the last 40 years, we have taken thousands of runners to take part in the New York Marathon.
- We offer guaranteed race entry into the New York Marathon for runners who are residents in the UK, although you can be of any nationality.
- We only use hotels in Manhattan, which are either ideal for race registration to the 2013 New York Marathon or convenient for the Staten Island ferry on Sunday morning. For our hotels near Times Square, we use the Official New York Marathon bus transfer which leaves the NY Public Library on 42nd Street around 6am (that was the time in 2011). With this service you are guaranteed arriving up at the marathon start.
- We work with many charities to help their fundraising efforts and, over the years, charities have earned millions from participating in the New York Marathon.
- Our Tour Guides have fantastic experience of the New York Marathon from past years and are in New York to make things easier for you.
- On the Friday morning, we will be having a warm up run in Central Park, which you are welcome to join us on.
Other useful links