City of Manchester 10k
2015 We Love Manchester 10K
Entries now on sale!
BOOK BEFORE 31ST MARCH AND SAVE £10 OFF YOUR ENTRY!
With over 3,000 runners, ranging in all ages and abilities, joining us at the Etihad Campus for the 2014 We Love Manchester 10k, we can't wait for another great event for 2015.
The 2015 We Love Manchester 10k Run returns on Sunday 12th July 2015, with its traditional start and finish at the Regional Athletics Track, Sportcity, next to the Etihad Stadium, home to Manchester City FC.
The officially measured route of the City of Manchester 10k run, which the event is sometimes better known as, starts on the track before heading out through Sportcity and on to closed roads around the local area. After a first loop of around 6.5km, the City of Manchester 10k comes back into the Campus for the start of a second loop and a finish on the track itself, in front of hundreds of cheering friends, family and supporters. This Manchester 10k is well known as one of the most friendliest 10k races around!
The 2015 We Love Manchester 10k
- Medal and a commemorative technical t-shirt given to all finishers
- Speedy collection process for the medal and t-shirt
- Entertainment at the event
- Free car parking onsite
- Chip timing
- Web results
- Water station on route plus at the finish - in the event of a very warm day, additional water will be available.
- Massages provided by local physios
- Route markers every 1km
- Marshalled race route on closed roads
The 2015 We Love Manchester 10k run starts at 09:30am, so we advise you to arrive before 9am, as the roads close locally.
The minimum age for participating in the event is 15 years old.
Address of the event: SportCity, Etihad Campus, Manchester M11 3FF.
Prizes for the 2015 We Love Manchester 10k
There will be cash prizes for the first 3 in each of the men's and the women's categories of:
- £250 for the winner
- £150 for the runner up
- £75 for third place
Also, prizes for the various age group categories.
Please note, if you win a prize in the overall places, you do not qualify for your age group prize.
The Toddler Trot is a bit of fun for the kids. You will be able to watch your child in complete safety without going out of sight as they run just one lap of the Regional Athletics track. The Toddler Trot will start once all the 10k runners have finished. Approx. start time 11.15 – 11. 30 am
- 8 year olds & under welcome
- Complete 1 x 400 metre lap of the Regional Athletics track.
- If the child is very young then 1 adult can go round with the child.
- The child only will receive a medal at the end of the run.
Please Note : due to the popularity of this fun run we will split the children into 2 age groups. Please choose the correct category when entering.
- Up to 5 years old.
- 6 – 8 years old.
Check out the official video from the 2014 We Love Manchester 10k below:
The Corporate Challenge
All runners are entered as individuals - no upper age limit but minimum age for the race is 15. You also have the choice of being part of one team.
- A Corporate Team consists of 3 runners, this can be all men, women or mixed.
- Your company/group/team can enter as many people as you like.
- Choose your team name.
- The winning team will be the one with the lowest aggregate time for their first three runners across the finish line. The first 3 out of your team would be team A / the next 3 would become team B and so on....
- You can also compete internally, meaning you can divide into exact teams. ie, marketing, accounts, sales etc..
If you have any questions regarding the Manchester 10k, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Known as ‘the people’s run’, the We Love MCR 10k raises money for the We Love MCR Charity (The Lord Mayor of Manchester’s Charity Appeal Trust).
The Charity is locally focused and its primary aim is to improve the lives, aspirations and life chances of Manchester people and build stronger communities.
The Charity supports local Community Groups, Organisations and Charities aiming to improve the circumstances of people and communities within the City of Manchester.