Tour de France
Tour de France
The 2015 Tour de France has an exciting route. After the Grand Depart in Utrecht in Holland, the Tour heads into Belgium and Northern France over some cobbles (again!)
From Northern France the 2015 TDF peloton heads to Brittany for a team time trial between Plumelec and Vannes. Then there is a transfer to the Pyrenees and three exciting days in the mountains there - the atmosphere here is always special!
From the Pyrenees, the Tour de France 2015 heads across towards the Alps, taking in Mende and the famous Montee Laurent Jalabert. After a rest day in Gap on the 21st July, there follows 4 exciting mountain stages, with the last two stages being of huge importance: the 138km stage from Saint Jean de Maurienne to La Toussuire, following a similar route to a cracking stage in the 2012 TDF; and the 110km stage from Modane to Alpe d'Huez, taking in the Col du Croix de Fer and the Alpe d'Huez ascent. For the final day of Le Tour 2015, you can join us in Paris to celebrate the arrival of the riders.
Stage 20 update
Due to the closure of the Tunnel du Chambon between the Col de Lautaret and Bourg d'Oisans, today's stage has been modified and will not go over the Col de Galibier. They have found a very worthy replacement in the Col de Croix de Fer however so the dynamic of the stage has not been affected.
This is going to be a fantastic stage to watch with the riders racing from start to finish and this will be the stage that decides the overall winner of Le Tour 2015.
The 102nd Tour de France will cover 3,344km over the 21 stages and include 7 mountain stages, 1 individual time trial and 1 team time trial.Sports Tours International is an Official VIP Tour Operator of the Tour de France and we have been operating trips to the Tour de France for over twenty years. We have unrivalled knowledge and expertise of the inner workings of the Tour and we know exactly where to take you and how to get the very best out of your Tour experience to give you the most authentic experience. This is a cycling holiday with a difference!
With many of our Tour de France trips, we offer the chance for you to ride on some of the roads used in the stage that day. We try to encompass riding some of the most famous Tour de France climbs where possible. For those without bikes, we will take you to strategic points on the stage, so that you can watch the action. Sometimes this means walking a good distance, so always be prepared with good walking shoes or training shoes....our Tour de France trips can be good exercise for non-cyclists!
We are offering a range of Tour de France trips including the opportunity to ride some stages on the same day as the peloton, ahead of the riders, even standing on the winners podium too! Most of our trips can be viewed by clicking on the "Travel Packages" tab above the picture at the top of the page or click on the various links below:
- Brittany Stages - a 5 day trip taking in the stages to Fourgeres, the climb to Mur de Bretagne and the exciting team trial
- 3 Pyrenean Stages - one of our most popular trips, as you see the 3 mountain stages in the Pyrenees in a short period of time.
- All Mountains Trip - our longest trip of the whole 2015 Tour de France, lasting for 16 days and taking in the Pyrenees, the Massif Central, the Alps and the finale in Paris. Only limited number of places available on this trip.
- Alps to Paris trip - a 9 day trip enabling you to see the fantastic Tour stages in the Alps and the finale in Paris.
- 4 Alpine Stages - see the 4 exciting Alps stages, based in Serre Chevalier.
- 3 Alpine Stages - stay in the fabled Alpe d'Huez, experiencing an electric atmosphere and the build up to the final mountain stage - THIS TOUR IS NOW SOLD OUT
- Alpe d'Huez hotel accommodation - Hotel for 4 nights in Alpe d'Huez with breakfasts and evening meals included.
- Paris final weekend - join us for the last stage in Paris. We have a very good hotel, conveniently located close to the Arc de Triomphe.Imagine riding your bike on the same roads as the most famous cyclists in cycling history, over some of the battlegrounds of famous duels involving heroes of Tour de France history. With any luck you may even bump into some of the cycling legends as we work our way around France or meet some of the current top pros at the stage starts or finishes.
You will see the pain etched on the faces of the pro riders as they tackle some of the hardest mountain climbs and feel the electric atmosphere of the peloton passing inches from your face, giving you the chance to take some fantastic close up photographs of the action.
Read more about the Tour written by Rob Annis and read what you can expect on our Tour de France travel packages.
Hospitality at the Paris finish of the Tour de France 2015
As always, our packages of Official Hospitality and Grandstand seats for the finish of the Tour de France in Paris are very popular with many of the grandstand and hospitality options selling out. We do not want to disappoint you, so if you really want to go, please book early! You can find out more details at the Tour de France Hospitality and Grandstand website page.
VIP Experiences during the 2015 Tour de France
As an Official VIP Tour Operator of the Tour de France we have access to some amazing VIP experiences throughout the 2015 Tour de France. These TDF experiences include:
- Start Village VIP access on certain stages.
- VIP Hospitality at the finish of certain stages.
- Drive in an Official Tour de France car on the stage of the Tour.
- Cycle on a stage of the Tour, cross the finish line and stand on the official Podium!
You can find our more about these VIP experiences by visiting the dedicated page on our website. It is very simple to book many of these experiences directly online and guarantee your place!
Ride a stage of the Tour de France
Also, how about taking part in a stage of the Tour de France, by riding the Etape du Tour? In 2015 the Etape du Tour replicates stage 19 of the 2015 Tour from Saint Jean de Maurienne to La Toussuire, very similar in certain respects to the 2012 Etape du Tour Act 1. We can offer you the chance to take part in the Etape and have Guaranteed Entry available for this.
We also offer the opportunity to ride the Etape du Tour and stay around to see the Tour de France arrive in the Alps later in the week with our Coach trip options. We have one collecting from Paris and another collecting from Geneva Airport.
2016 Tour de France
The Grand Depart of the 2016 Tour de France is in La Manche, back in France for the first time since 2013. For more details of this Grand Depart, please visit the 2016 Grand Depart page on our website