Liege Bastogne Liege 2014
The 100th Liege Bastogne Liege Challenge and pro race
Liège-Bastogne-Liège is well and truly the oldest of cycling's classics. Be a part of LBL's rich cycling history and join us for the 100th Liege Bastogne Liege in 2014. You ride the full course on the Saturday and you watch the Liege Bastogne Liege Pro race on the Sunday. Last year we managed to see the riders go past 7 times!!!
Liege Bastogne Liege is nicknamed 'La Doyenne as it is the oldest race out of the classics which is still taking place today. Irishman Dan Martin won in 2013 after an exhilirating final.
All the big guns of the cycling world have taken the Liege Bastogne Liege title: Eddy Merckx, Jacques Anquetil, Hinault, Argentin, Bartoli and more recently Gilbert.
Don't be fooled and think that Belgium is flat. This race takes in plenty of steep, hilly sections.
Friday 25th April
Our touring coaches equipped with box trailer for the safe storage of bikes in bike bags will make collections at:
- Hartshead Services M62
- Leeds Queens Hotel (City Square)
- Sheffield Train Station
- leicester Forrest East Services (M1)
- Watford Gap Services (M1 Southbound)
- London (Double tree by Hilton hotel, 2 Bridge Place Near Victoria Train Station)
- Dover Eastern Docks (Ferry Terminal)
- Manchester Victoria Train Station
- Knutsford Services (M6 Southbound)
- Keele Services (M6)
- Norton Canes (M6 Toll)
- Birmingham International Train Station (N.E.C.)
- Oxford Services (M40)
- Dover Eastern Docks (Ferry Terminal)
We can collect at other service stations along the above route (Please contact for more details) We'll have an afternoon sailing to Calais, arriving in Liege 20:30hrs, where we spend 3 nights on Half Board basis at our centrally located hotel in Liege namely the Ibis Liege. For those of you who have entered, we will hand out your race numbers for tomorrow's amateur event to you this evening.
Saturday 26th April - Liege Bastogne Liege Challenge
After an early breakfast, ride the short distance from the hotel to the start. There will be the option of taking part in either the 276km, 160km or 79km events. For those not riding the sportive or not bringing bikes the day will be at leisure in the city of Liege. After the Challenge, we will have dinner together at the hotel and our reps will brief you about tommorrow's Pro event.
Sunday 27th April - Liege Bastogne Liege pro race
Our location in Liege is ideal for accessing the start area where you will be able to see the teams arrive, after which we take you to numerous points along the route to get as many sightings of the race as we can, including the steep hills of the Cote St Roch, Cote de Wanne, Cote de Wanneville, Cote de La Redoute and the finish in Ans.
In 2013, we managed to see the race 7 times so we hope to repeat this in 2014.
Monday 28th April
After breakfast we return home, taking the 13.30hrs sailing to Dover, arriving London 16.00hrs, Birmingham 19.00hrs, Manchester 21.00hrs, Leeds 22.00hrs. We will also drop off at Brussels Airport (BRU) on the way.
£429.00 based on the double occupancy of a twin or double room on half board basis.
Deposit: £100.00 plus any non refundable sportive entry fee.
Single room supplement: £139.00 for the single occupancy of a twin or double bedded room
Twin share: Do you want to take part in this great event but your mates are not into cycling or they can't get time off work? Use our 'twin to share' option. We will pair you up with another person so you don't have to pay the sole occupancy supplement. £429
- Return executive coach travel from various pick up locations in the UK
- Ferry crossings
- 3 nights on half board so with breakfast and dinner at the Ibis Liege located in the city centre
- The services of our Sports Tours International staff
- Coach transport to various viewing locations on Pro Race day
- Bike storage at the hotel
What's not included:
- Entry into the Liege Bastogne Liege Challenge - Available at a supplement - See prices and details below
- Travel insurance
- Any hotel extras not included in the above
- Bike rental - Available at £75 for the weekend - More details here
Liege Bastogne Liege Challenge START & FINISH
Centre Sportif de Naimette-Xhovémont
Boulevard Philippet 83
- 276 km : £35
- 160 km : £30
- 79 km : £25
The finish in Liège will be closed officially at 8pm.
Included with your entry:
- Insurance (helmet is compulsory, participants without helmet are not insured)
- Plenty of provisions at every checkpoint, including sports drinks, fruit and snacks
- Timing and video-recording with chip on 4 slopes
- Technical and medical service
- An itinerary
- Massage at finish
- An exclusive medal and certificate
- LBL Challenge t-shirt
- Côte du Rosier: 4500m - 5,7%
- Côte de La Redoute: 2100m - 9,7%
- Col du Maquisard: 3000m - 5,1%
- Côte de St. Nicolas: 1000m - 7,6%
Other 2014 cycling events
For our full list of cyclo-sportives and Gran Fondo cycling events in 2014, please click here.
Training for your event
To prepare for your big event takes dedication and training. Here at Sports Tours, we have a number of training camps on offer, that are perfect to help you along the way.
For warm weather training, Club la Santa in Lanzarote, offers a range of camps for cyclists, runners and triathletes.
How to Book
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person, plus the full race entry fee, which is non-returnable once booked. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Visas are not required to enter Belgium. You need a passport to enter Belgium. As a British passport holder you may stay as a visitor for three months. General Travel Information is available here.
For details of insurance for the our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.