The 2016 Giro d'Italia will start in Gelderland, the Netherlands. The 2016 Giro will start Friday May 6 with an 8km time trial in Apeldoorn. The start will probably be close to a recently built Velodrome which was used for the 2015 Paralympic track cycling championships.
Stage two will be a 180km road stage from Arnhem to Nijmegen which is going to be one for the sprinters. The third and final stage in the Netherlands is over 190km from Nijmegen to Arnhem.
In 2016 we will offer a weekend travel package to the Giro start in Holland and we will organise our longer tour which follows the Giro on its last 10 days.
Sports Tours International is Official Tour Operator to the 2016 Giro d'Italia and we offer travel packages and tours with special behind the scenes Giro d'Italia access.
The 2015 edition of the Giro d'Italia took place on a tough route with the now traditional cold and wet weather mixed up with exciting racing with Alberto Contador's victory in Milan.
Why book with Sports Tours International
- We are the Giro's preferred travel partner
- We offer various special access hospitality and VIP options - More info here
- Various travel packages are available with different durations
- Our mini-buses and coaches transfer all your luggage and bikes between destinations. They are equipped with bike roof racks or special bike trailers for secure and safe transportation of your bike.
- Our hotels provide excellent breakfast and evening meals with wine, water and superb Italian (or Dutch) coffee included.
- All of our 3 & 4 star hotels are named and published on our site, not all companies do this!
- Single room or twin share option is available for single travellers to join our group
- Sports Tours International provide the best value and we are professional and reliable with years of Giro d'Italia experience.
- We support you whether you ride or spectate - .gpx files, maps, back-up vehicles and rider/guides provided (on certain days)
- Spectators can enjoy Italian culture, hospitality and access to the Giro by air conditioned comfortable minibus or coach.
- Our hotels provide the best and most efficient access to the race, no time wasted!
With the Giro now finished, attention already turns to the 2015 TDF. Will Alberto Contador realsie his dream of a Giro and Tour de France double? It was a pity Nibali and Froome were not in Italy, but we will see them line up, alongside Contador, in Utrecht for the start of the 2015 Tour de France.
Currently, we only have a few places left on each of our TDF tours. Places are available for:
Please do not leave it too late and miss out on your chance to be at the 2015 Tour de France.