It has been an exciting start to the 2015 Grand Tours season and we are already close to the end of week 1 of the Giro d'Italia. It has been good to see the main Giro Pink Jersey contenders at the fore of the race, especially on Stage 5, and we are sure you hope, like us, that the crash in the sprint on Stage 6 involving Contador, does not have an adverse impact on the racing over the remaining two weeks.
This year, we became an Official Tour Operator to the Giro d'Italia and we have been working with RCS, the Giro organisers, to offer customers special access behind the scenes of the race. For everyone on our trips this year, it is sure to be a fantastic experience.
With the Giro under way, attention already turns to the 2015 TDF. It is a pity Nibali and Froome are not in Italy, but hopefully we will see them line up, alongside Contador, in Utrecht for the start of the Tour.
Currently, we only have a few places left on each of our TDF tours. Places are available for:
Please do not leave it too late and miss out on your chance to be at the 2015 Tour de France.
The UK had two starts of Grand Tours in 2014 with its first two stages in and around Belfast in 2014 and had Nairo Quintana as the deserved winner. The stages of the 2015 Giro have now been revealed and we are looking forward to the 2015 Giro d'Italia which will start in the Liguria region of Italy.
Giro d'Italia 2015
Why book with Sports Tours International
- We are the Giro's preferred travel partner
- We offer various special access hospitality and VIP options - More info here
- Various travel packages are available with different durations
- For our 10 day package we offer airport transfers from both Venice and Treviso and back to Milan for the return flight. Many scheduled and low-cost airlines fly to these destinations.
- Our mini-buses transfer all your luggage and bikes (with bike box/bag) between destinations. They are equipped with bike roof racks for secure and safe transportation of your bike.
- Our hotels provide excellent breakfast and evening meals with wine, water and superb Italian coffee included.
- All of our 3 & 4 star hotels are named and published on our site, not all companies do this!
- Single room or twin share option is available - see below.
- Sports Tours International provide the best value and we are professional and reliable with years of Giro d'Italia experience.
- We support you whether you ride or spectate - .gpx files, maps, back-up vehicles and rider/guides provided.(on certain days)
- Spectators can enjoy Italian culture, hospitality and access to the Giro by air conditioned comfortable mini bus.
- Our hotels provide the best and most efficient access to the race, no time wasted!