Sports Tours International are the official VIP Tour Operator of the 2016 Giro d'Italia. Join us on our Tours to watch and ride or spectate during the 2016 Giro d'Italia. Exclusive 2016 Giro d'Italia VIP access is included in our tours but also available as stand alone tickets on all stages.
The 2016 Giro d'Italia route was announced during EXPO Milano on October 5th.
Our travel packages to the 2016 Giro will all include exclusive VIP access elements.
The 2016 Giro d’Italia will total 3383kms of racing with Nibali, Dumoulin, Sagan and Cavendish taking part. Race organisers RCS hope to attract riders aiming for a Giro and Tour de France double.
The 2015 edition of the Giro d'Italia took place on a tough route with the now traditional cold and wet weather mixed up with exciting racing with Alberto Contador's victory in Milan.
The 2016 Giro d'Italia will start in Gelderland, the Netherlands with 3 stages within the largest Province of Holland. Expect the Dutch to go even more cycling mad and turn everything pink.
Usually Grand Tours have their first rest day after 5 days of racing but thanks to special permission from the UCI, the Giro will transfer to Southern Italy on Monday May 8th during an early rest day and the race will continue on Tuesday May 10.
The Map of the 2016 Giro d'Italia
Sports Tours International is Official Tour Operator to the 2016 Giro d'Italia and we offer travel packages and tours with special behind the scenes Giro d'Italia access.
Our travel packages
- 2016 Giro d'Italia Big Start weekend in Gelderland, Netherlands - Book Now
- The final 10 days at the 2016 Giro d'Italia - Book Now
- The final 5 days at the 2016 Giro d'Italia - Coming soon
VIP access options
You can also enjoy these VIP access tickets as stand alone options so you are flexible in terms of where you would like to stay and other travel arrangements if applicable. Read more on our VIP access and hospitality packages here
Why book with Sports Tours International
- We are the Giro d'Italia's official travel partner
- All nationalities are welcome on our tours
- All our tours are guaranteed departures
- Bike rental is available
- We offer various special access hospitality and VIP options - More info here
- Various travel packages are available with different durations
- Our mini-buses and coaches transfer all your luggage and bikes between destinations. They are equipped with bike roof racks or special bike trailers for secure and safe transportation of your bike.
- Our hotels provide excellent breakfast and evening meals (tour dependant) with wine, water and superb Italian (or Dutch) coffee included.
- All our 3 & 4* hotels are published on our site, not all companies do this!
- Single or twin share option available for single travellers to join our group
- Sports Tours International provide the best value and we are professional and reliable with years of Giro d'Italia experience.
- We support you whether you ride or spectate with files, maps, back-up vehicles and rider/guides provided (on certain days)
- Spectators can enjoy Italian culture, hospitality and access to the Giro by minibus or coach.
- Our hotels provide the most efficient access to the race, no time wasted!
The 2016 Giro d'Italia route has now been announced. Attention already turns to the 2016 Tour de France. We already have our first package on sale. For more information, please have a look here