Etape du Tour
L'Etape du Tour
The Etape du Tour 2015 will take place in the Alps on Sunday 19th July 2015. Replicating stage 19 of the 2015 Tour de France from St Jean de Maurienne to La Toussuire which will take place on the 24th of July.
Because the 2015 Tour de France follows the Etape within days we can offer you a Ride and watch tour as well which takes in the Etape du Tour plus watching 3 of the Alpine stages. We offer a coach trip from Paris if you want to join there. More info here.
If prefer you can also join in Geneva and follow the same itinerary. More info here.
BOOK NOW FOR YOUR ENTRY FEE AT ONLY £70 PLUS A FREE CYCLING JERSEY
The 2015 Etape du Tour is a classic Alpine stage with as some of the main features the climbs of the Col du Chaussy, Col du Mollard and Croix de Fer. Like last year there will be a sting in the tail with the ascent of La Toussuire. At 138km it is an attractive proposition for both the experienced cyclo sportive rider and the Etape du Tour novice.
L'Etape du Tour 2015 - St Jean de Maurienne to La Toussuire
Our travel packages to the Etape du Tour include the following:
- The option to buy a guaranteed entry to the 2015 Etape du Tour
- A choice of hotels and residences in La Toussuire, location of the EXPO and the finish
- Self-drive hotel options in the valley near the start in St Jean de Maurienne
- Travel packages of several durations
- Airport transfers for you and your bike from Geneva. Geneva airport has by far the best choice of flights.
- We provide transfers to connect with all direct flight options from the UK and Ireland - More info
- Bike storage at your hotel or residence
- Assistance of Sports Tours reps and mechanics
- Overland bike transport options from the UK (see below) - More info
- Etape training camps (Available at extra cost)
- Etape du Tour goodie bag
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey
- Payments are financially protected by ABTA
We will be offering a number of different Etape packages, together with a guaranteed entry into the 2015 Etape du Tour. By taking a package tour to the 2015 Etape du Tour, you will benefit from our wealth of logistical experience in taking people to this special event.
If you would like to read a report of the 2013 Etape, read the report by Road Cycling UK's Assistant Editor George Scott on the Road Cycling UK website.
2015 Etape du Tour bike transport option - Now available - More info
Please note that his service is only available on our standard 3 and 4 night packages in La Toussuire
We offer an overland Bike transport service, where we take your bike from the UK down to France for the Etape.
- Guaranteed delivery of your bike, as opposed to leaving it in the hands of the airlines
- No dragging around of your bike at the airport
- Convenient drop off/ collection points around the UK at Edinburgh, Stockton on Tees, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Slough and London Orpington
- Delivery of your bike to La Toussuire before the Etape and collection after the Etape
- Up to a week to drop off your bike to the collection points, with up to a week to collect your bike after the return to the UK
Standard (Centralised Drop-off and Pick-up Points) – £140.00 per bike
Your bike, kit bag and/or race wheels will be collected from and returned to, a secure storage unit located in selected major UK mainland cities list below). Your bike is securely stored in the storage unit, free of charge, during the drop-off and collection periods.
Premium Service (Door2Door) – £180.00 per bike
Your bike, kit bag and/or race wheels will be collected from and returned to your nominated address within a radius of 20 miles of selected key locations listed below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired location, and we will assess our operational plan for the event, and wherever possible we will try to accommodate your request.
Please be aware that the 2015 Etape du Tour is a serious cyclo sportive. It is ridden at a strong pace and if you are not quick enough, you will be swept up by the Broom Wagon on one of the climbs or even earlier, so it is important to do a lot of training in the months proceeding the event. You should be able to ride on the flat at a pace of 25/27kph (minimum) and be able to climb in the mountains at over 12/15 kph, even for the steepest sections, and your stamina really must be good enough to last the full distance. If not, you will fail to finish, which is not what you, we or the event organisers want. So, you must get yourself a good training plan or, better still, join one of our cycling training camps or spend some time training at Club La Santa in Lanzarote.
For more information about the event itself, visit our Etape du Tour frequently asked questions section.