Etape du Tour
L'Etape du Tour
The route of the 2016 Etape du Tour will be announced in late October 2015. As always the route will replicate a stage of the 2016 Tour de France.
Once the 2016 Tour de France route is announced we will be able to confirm our travel packages for the event and share these with you. To be one of the first to find out about the 2016 Etape du Tour, please sign up to our newsletter.
You can also add yourself to our waitlist to help secure your place by emailing our team here
The information below refers to the 2015 Etape du Tour. You can use the information as a guide to the sort of travel packages we offer for the Etape du Tour. Please note that the dates, location, route will obviously change.
2015 Etape du Tour
The Etape du Tour 2015 will take place in the Alps on Sunday 19th July 2015. Replicating stage 19 of the 2015 Tour de France from St Jean de Maurienne to La Toussuire which will take place on the 24th of July.
The 2015 Etape du Tour is a classic Alpine stage with as some of the main features the climbs of the Col du Chaussy, Col du Mollard and Croix de Fer. Like last year there will be a sting in the tail with the ascent of La Toussuire. At 138km it is an attractive proposition for both the experienced cyclo sportive rider and the Etape du Tour novice.
Download the official 2015 Etape du Tour time schedule with cut off times here
La Toussuire residences
We are pleased to have secured 3 fantastic residences in La Toussuire for 3, 4 or 7 nights in La Toussuire, the ideal place to stay for the 2015 Etape du Tour. For a detailed description of the various accommodation options in La Toussuire, please have a look here.
We also have a limited amount of hotels near to St Jean de Maurienne, ideal for those who are coming by car. Some more info here
L'Etape du Tour 2015 - St Jean de Maurienne to La Toussuire
La Toussuire - Location of EXPO, registration and the finish
La Toussuire is the ideal place to stay for the 2015 Etape du Tour. In La Toussuire we are offering a variety of accommodation. Below you find a summary of the logistics
- Friday - Airport transfer from Geneva to La Toussuire - More info here on UK and Ireland direct flight options
- Saturday - The event EXPO and registration are in La Toussuire today
- Sunday - Descend to the start, ride the Etape and ride back to your accommodation in La Toussuire
- Monday - Transfer back to Geneva airport
Our travel packages to the Etape du Tour include the following:
- The option to buy a guaranteed entry to the 2015 Etape du Tour NOW SOLD OUT
- A choice of residences in La Toussuire, the ideal place to stay as it is the location of the EXPO and the finish
- Dedicated feed station for STI Customers
- Clothes drop facility in St Jean on Etape day. Clothes will be delivered back to La Toussuire
- Travel packages of several durations
- Airport transfers for you and your bike from Geneva airport which has by far the best choice of flights
- We provide transfers to connect with all direct flight options from the UK and Ireland - More info
- Secure bike storage at your hotel or residence
- La Toussuire meal night available at £20 per night for a 3 course meal with water and coffee. Saturday night is Pasta Party night
- Assistance of Sports Tours reps and mechanics
- Overland bike transport options from the UK (see below) - More info
- Etape du Tour goodie bag
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey
- Payments are financially protected by ABTA
We offer a number of different Etape packages, together with a guaranteed entry into the 2015 Etape du Tour. By taking a package tour to the 2015 Etape du Tour, you will benefit from our wealth of logistical experience in taking people to this special event.
If you would like to read a report of the 2013 Etape, read the report by Road Cycling UK's Assistant Editor George Scott on the Road Cycling UK website.
2015 Etape du Tour bike transport option - Now available - More info here
Please note that his service is only available on our standard 3 and 4 night packages in La Toussuire
We offer an overland Bike transport service, where we take your bike from the UK down to France for the Etape.
- Guaranteed delivery of your bike
- No dragging around of your bike at the airport
- Convenient drop off/collection points around the UK at Stockton on Tees, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Slough and London Orpington
- Delivery and collection of your bike in La Toussuire
- Up to a week to drop off your bike to the collection points, with up to a week to collect your bike after the return to the UK
HOW TO BOOK
Click on the green button at the top of the page.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.